Friday, September 08, 2006

the Legacy Center is a cult and I am miserable, part one

Okay. Okay. Here is my dilemma: I hate the self-help cult. It is hell on earth. On the first day of the seminar, the lead cult robot (who looks like Dick Cheney) made me so anxious that I actually felt physically ill. I haven’t learned anything. Every single concept is a watered down version of something you could find in a philosophy text or a social psychology class. It is inane. And the more I think about it, the more I realize that the point of the Cheney-bot being such an evil tyrant on Day One was to promote the post hoc fallacy…after any period of distress you are going to later feel a period of (comparative) upswing or satisfaction, right? So if I go back to the cult and things feel comparatively better just because they aren’t as shitty-awful as yesterday, I’m supposed to mistake that for personal growth and improvement, aren’t I? It’s like boot camp. Fuck that noise.

Oh, and yesterday? Cheney-bot taught us that everything is our fault. (Intended point: feeling like a victim isn’t healthy and taking responsibility for one’s own life is important.) His version, however, included the idea that depression (we’re talking the clinical condition, folks) is a choice. I was livid. I am dealing with truly stupid people here. The worst thing is that I know exactly what they are trying to say and trying to teach us, but they are fucking it up. Everything is scripted. If someone tries to introduce a complexity into the equation, Cheney-bot gets pissy and shuts them down. One of the robots who sits at the back of the room has a habit of constantly, constantly shaking his head in disagreement anytime anybody speaks unless the person is repeating the exact jargon the Cheney-bot has been feeding us. Fuck that.

I am twenty-two. I have an amazing family. I love my housemates and my friends. I have a great job. I have a million things to look forward to. My problems aren’t the end of the world; they’re part of my life. I get that now. I am wasting my time and money on this asinine program.

Back to my dilemma: do I quit the cult today and lose $500, or do I suffer through 30 more hours of this bullshit in the next four days and then ask for my money back? I’m screwed either way.

Thanks for nothing, Legacy Center.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Ms Linda-Marie Hubert who is The Legacy Center's Cult Leader of the Decade.
She took those honors while enrolling 30 people (nearly all men) into this cult, mainly through the use of Match.com.
The PhD degree she obtained here must have impressed her suitors. The Center's Sexuality workshop helped Ms Hubert hone her recruiting skills.
I wonder how many lives she destroyed, how many people she ripped off, and the extent of her lies and deceit.
It is a fact that she continued recruiting for The Legacy Center even after they destroyed the life of someone she had pressured into attending and after her own brother told her it was a cult.
I guess all that plastic surgery she had from liposuction on her butt, stomach, and thighs to a face lift came in handy in recruiting the men from Match.cum.
Ms Hubert told people who had had any prior mental issues to go ahead and sign the Legacy Center's waiver forms indicating that they had never seen a doctor for mental problems. “Oh, just don’t worry about those forms,”she would say..
This was only one of many deceits used by Ms Hubert and The Legacy Center to increase their enrollments for the trainings and MAKE MONEY.
Other than a few health issues, such as irritable bowel syndrome Ms Hubert is now living it up in Spartanburg, South Carolina.
I don't think she is too happy about her nickname which is, "Stinky".
Apparently, her disease is like having nuclear diarrhea.
Go figure, Stinky Marie Hubert.
There is no justice because she inherited $3,000,000 in 2006 when her grandmother died.
So if any of you had your lives ruined by “Stinky", she has the money to compensate you.
The word is that she is actually working as an accountant in Greenville, South Carolina for C&S Wholesale Grocers.
Linda- Marie Hubert, “STINKY" is very proud of her legacy of lies, deceit, coercion, intimidation, brainwashing, and sleep deprivation which was used to destroy lives in the name of MONEY.
I am aware of an individual that Ms Hubert threatened if they were to ever write anything negative about The Legay Center. At an earlier date, she and The Legacy Center had destroyed this individual's life.
Ms Hubert had also promised this same person a large sum of money then she cheated them out of it. How low can you get?
Where is the justice?
Let's just hope that Linda-Marie Hubert and The Legacy Center reap what they have sown 'cause I hear that paybacks are a bitch.

Anonymous said...

Linda-Marie Hubert is now known as Linda-Marie Miller at FHI 360 in Durham, North Carolina.
The Legacy Center is now called World Legacy in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Rob Katz and Lori Todd are the owners.