Friday, September 15, 2006

homeward bound

Last night I woke up from a dream I was having, (violently bludgeoning a room full of people with one of those hinged closet doors from the south campus dorms, but that’s neither here nor there) grabbed a notebook and wrote this down:

Remember to unlock the car tomorrow. Remember to buy peanut butter. Remember to call everyone who needs calling. Remember to remove summer skirts. At the last of it, send out the following psychic message: Please don’t let me down. Please don’t let me down. Please don’t let me down.

I am going home today to see my family. The Lincoln County Apple Festival is this weekend, so hurry and get in all your requests for apples, apple tarts, apple pies, apple cider, apple butter, and apples covered in candy, caramel, and/or nuts.

No comments: